Press (Click on links)
On the radio:
Good Books Radio, hosted by Dr. W. F. Strong PBS radio stations: Listen
WHYY The Pulse: Listen
- The Quivering Pen--"The first time I dug up history"
- The Vintage News—"in 1903, a very strange sideshow opened for business on Coney Island...."
- Jewish Journal--Seven Books to Keep on Your Summer Reading radar
- New York Magazine—"If you look deeply enough, go under the facts and look for meaning and resonance, that's where everybody has a story."
- "The Accidental Memoir"—"My possessions seem to hold some intangible residue of the places I've been and the people I've loved, and together they tell my life story...."
- The Nervous Breakdown (review)—"Raffel is still constellating, still pinpointing radiant instants..."
- An interview in Transatlantica—"I think much 'realistic' writing offers a window onto a reality that is only about an inch deep; my view is that reality is much deeper and weirder than anything we can comprehend logically, through linear narration and clear character motivation."
- The Huffington Post—Further Adventures on HuffPo