- Jewish Journal--Seven Books to Keep on Your Summer Reading radar
- New York Magazine—"If you look deeply enough, go under the facts and look for meaning and resonance, that's where everybody has a story."
- "The Accidental Memoir"—"My possessions seem to hold some intangible residue of the places I've been and the people I've loved, and together they tell my life story...."
- The Nervous Breakdown (review)—"Raffel is still constellating, still pinpointing radiant instants..."
- An interview in Transatlantica—"I think much 'realistic' writing offers a window onto a reality that is only about an inch deep; my view is that reality is much deeper and weirder than anything we can comprehend logically, through linear narration and clear character motivation."
- The Huffington Post—Further Adventures on HuffPo